Thursday, September 29, 2011

OS for Microsoft Windows 7

1.) I did not know it was the OS that is responsible for starting and shutting down the computer, I always thought it was done thru the Hard Drive.
2.) I was not aware that there is two ways to communicate with the OS. I have always used the windows provided, this is the graphical user interface or GUI. The other way to communicate to the OS to preform functions, such as shutting down, is thru the command line interface.
3.) I did not know that it is the OS that is responsible for determining which order tasks are completed in.
4.) I did not know it was the OS that provided a means for connecting to the internet, on the laptop that I have I thought it just had to have a WiFi card and the program files on the hard drive.
5.) I did not know it was the OS that allows you to manage/search for files, view images, and/or secure your computer. I thought these were individual tasks related to a coordinating card/program file. 

No comments:

Post a Comment